About Fair Food Matters
Fair Food Matters was founded in 2001 because the people of our community deserve information that helps us make good choices about how we feed ourselves. Today we are forging new community relationships as well as expanding our message and our programs.
Our mission: To improve access to healthy, local food by educating, connecting, and empowering the Kalamazoo community.
Our vision: We envision thriving communities growing and distributing safe, nutritious, locally produced foods that foster healthy communities, environments, and economies.
- Can-Do KitchenA licensed facility for new & existing food businesses, local-produce processing, and job training.
- Common Ground: Kalamazoo Community Garden NetworkA network of individuals and organizations working to support community gardens throughout Kalamazoo County.
- Douglass Farmers' MarketGreet friends and neighbors at this market on the north side of town featuring local producers.
- Good Food KalamazooA collaboration among individuals and organizations working toward a healthy local food system in Kalamazoo County to engage and empower our community to provide itself with food that is healthy, green, fair, and affordable.
- Growing Matters GardenKids get their hands dirty and learn a lot with our educational gardening project.
- Southwest Michigan Community Harvest FestCelebrate local food, local farming, and sustainable living with great speakers, music and more.