We see the Indy Food Council as a way to connect people within the food system, to catalyze ideas, and to advance food-related initiatives, all to grow a sustainable food system that improves the health and quality of life for all.
OUR VISION FOR INDY’S FOOD SYSTEM
A food system that provides everyone access to healthy and nutritious food, enhances ecology, and creates meaningful economic and civic opportunities.
THE INDY FOOD COUNCIL MISSION
The Indy Food Council connects food system stakeholders, catalyzes ideas, and advances initiatives to grow a sustainable food system that improves the health and quality of life for all .
OUR CORE VALUES
• We aggressively pursue inclusivity and diversity in our mindset and our operations.
• We constantly evaluate and revaluate to best serve the changing needs of our food system.
• We strive for the greatest possible transparency.
• We balance evidence and innovation in achieving our mission.
• We privilege systems-based approaches in our work.
• We develop the capacity of food system leaders.
• We celebrate wholeness and the power of thriving food communities.
• We empower stakeholders, not the Indy Food Council.